- "Disillusioned through lack of success with other headhunters"
- "Difficult to find combination of required skills"
- "Specific expertise needed in short term to reform sales force"
- "Appointing a Non-Executive"
- "Company does not have in-house expertise or resources to recruit successfully"
- "Succession required as founder approached retirement"
"Disillusioned through lack of success with other headhunters"
A leading charity had engaged a charity sector specialist recruiter to advertise a director level position. The traditional ‘newspaper’ advertisement only attracted 25 applicants and failed to produce a shortlist. The exercise was expensive due to the cost of newspaper advertising and the initial retainer fee.
We were introduced to the CEO through one of the trustees and for a modest fee, to cover on-line marketing, we rebuilt the shortlist, which resulted in all five candidates meeting the recruitment committee following one-to-one interviews with the CEO. The shortlisted candidates were deemed to have the right blend of technical and inter-personal skills, together with a genuine interest in the aims and ambitions of the charity.