- "Disillusioned through lack of success with other headhunters"
- "Difficult to find combination of required skills"
- "Specific expertise needed in short term to reform sales force"
- "Appointing a Non-Executive"
- "Company does not have in-house expertise or resources to recruit successfully"
- "Succession required as founder approached retirement"
"Difficult to find combination of required skills"
We advised the board of a Property Development Group regarding succession planning. This has resulted in the appointment of a new Group Finance Director to assume the responsibilities of the current incumbent following twenty years’ service. The Group has significant interests in Spain and the initial wish list included a Group Finance Director with a background in property development and fluency in Spanish.
Our work produced an outstanding candidate with the right technical and sector experience, but there were no Spanish speakers at this level. We conducted a search in Spain which produced one UK trained accountant, working in the property sector, with the language skills to deal with Spanish banks and lawyers. The candidate accepted the offer and has strengthened the management in Spain by providing much needed support to the local MD. The real benefit of this appointment has been improved communication between Spain and the UK, not only in terms of financial reporting but the creation of real business rapport.