- "Disillusioned through lack of success with other headhunters"
- "Difficult to find combination of required skills"
- "Specific expertise needed in short term to reform sales force"
- "Appointing a Non-Executive"
- "Company does not have in-house expertise or resources to recruit successfully"
- "Succession required as founder approached retirement"
"Specific expertise needed in short term to reform sales force"
A client was experiencing a number of business development issues. Supplying a technical support and maintenance service to large retailers, the Sales Director and MD conceded that the sales team were struggling to engage with buyers and procurement staff. The business was failing to get across its value proposition and was being beaten on price.
We were introduced to the MD by the Non-Executive Chairman. Our advice was to bring in a Sales Manager with knowledge and experience of ‘selling’ to large retailers to work with and coach the sales team. The board met a shortlist of 5 candidates, all used to working on an interim basis. A part-time contract was put in place and the appointee is now working with the sales team.